Act On Your Own Initiative
“Act On Your Own Initiative, But Be Prepared To Assume Full Responsibility For Your Acts…” — Napoleon Hill
One of the primary differences between those who achieve great things in their lives and those who manage only to “get by” is that successful people learned early in life they are responsible for their own actions. No other person can make you successful or keep you from achieving your goals. ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT!
Taking initiative means assuming a leadership role, a position that singles you out for criticism – and for praise. The good leader is the one who shares the credit for success with others and assumes full responsibility for failures or temporary setbacks. When you accept responsibility for your actions, you gain the respect of others and are well on the way to creating your own future.
We so often want to blame anyone and everyone else for why we are not where we want to be when the truth is we are not where we want to be because we either do not believe we are worthy of receiving it or we have not planted the right seeds to reap the harvest we desire. There is no one else to blame for why we are where we are at but ourselves. We hold the key to where we are and why we are there. We alone can change that but we must accept full responsibility for making that a reality.
Too often, when we are not getting what we want out of life, we attack those around us when we should be looking within and making the necessary adjustments to bring about the desired results. YOUR LIFE on the outside is simply a reflection of what you are inside. Don’t seek to change those around you. Change yourself. Don’t seek to change the circumstances, change yourself.
As Jim Rohn said in his many quotes:
• “Don’t say if I could I would, say if I can, I will.”
• “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom.”
• “Either you will run the day or the day will run you.”
• “Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.”
• “If you don’t like how things are, change it. You are not a tree.”
• “How long should you try? UNTIL…”
• “Learn to be happy with what you have while you pursue all you want.”
Best of LUCK as you
Labor Under Correct Knowledge…